We opened Social Wines because we wanted a place we would want to shop: with a thoughtful and uncommon selection, no intimidation and a friendly vibe.
- We love wine, beer and spirits. That's why we're in this business.
- We want to help you discover a fantastic bottle.
- We only sell items we've tried and think are a good fit. We never sell items because they helped a salesperson win a golf trip or meet a sales goal.
- Everyone's knowledge is different and growing constantly. We wouldn't want someone to "talk down" to us, and we won't do that to you.
- We strive to be transparent and straightforward; we won't use gimmicks or fads to suggest bottles.
- We focus on smaller producers because we believe these guys are still selling their passion.
- We love when you stop in and tell us about something you recently tried.
- We also love when you stop by with your dog.
John Libonati, Co-owner and Wine Thief
Wine retail, bar/lounge, culinary and restaurant background.
Loves natural and Bordeaux wines.
Obsessed with Kelly Clarkson. Unfortunately too "mature" to continue gymnastics.
John's blog posts.
"Sharing is for 1st Graders."
Chris Schutte, Co-owner
Travel, internet, finance and bar background.
Big fan of natural wines and sippable spirits.
Loves urban life, travel opportunities and new tech-gadgets. And alt-80s music.
"42. Because it's the ultimate answer to the meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything."
Matt Maguire, Beer Director
Beer sales, distribution and "sampling" experience.
Can locate a single bottle buried deep in a stack of boxes in a matter of minutes.
Loves sour beers, funky wines, being on a boat and whistling in the cooler.
Matt's blog posts.
"Be here now."
BEST WINE SHOP